IN THIS ISSUE:
• The Crossings at Carlsbad offers guests a scenic test of golf
• Take advantage of The Westin’s Escape! Golf Package
• Relax and unwind at Wine Down Wednesday
• 20|Twenty serving up a Thanksgiving Day feast
• Celebrate the holidays with festive activities at the resorts
• Eat, drink and be merry with brunch on the weekends
• And more!
IN THIS ISSUE:
• Teams battle for collegiate title at Ka’anapali Golf Courses
• Stage is set for the Maui Jim Maui Invitational and Golf Classic
• Spice up Thanksgiving Day with an authentic luau
• FootGolf provides an ideal way to enjoy quality family time
• Renovations add sparkle and shine to the pro shop
• Whalers Village lights up for the holidays
• And more!
IN THIS ISSUE OF THE 2022 TOURNAMENT GUIDE:
• After a two-year hiatus, the Long Beach Golf Festival returns
• Celebrating the most memorable moments from the festival’s past
• Paul Goydos recalls his life-changing win in the Long Beach Open
• 7 reasons to participate in the Long Beach Golf Festival
• Former champion offers tips to get ready for tournament play
• The event’s reigning title holders and where they are now
• A look at the golf courses playing host to the festival
• Links to sign up for each event!
IN THIS ISSUE OF CLASSIC CLUB INSIDER:
• Troon Challenge qualifier coming to Classic Club in June
• Golf tip: Get more athletic with your pre-shot routine
• 3 fine wines to enjoy at Bellatrix Restaurant
• Wine lunch will feature a taste of Italy
• Celebrate mom and dad with great gear in the golf shop
• Course aerification and maintenance set for summer
• Upcoming events
Spring Golfography Experience captures the splendor of Indian Wells Golf Resort
It was a picture perfect weekend for the Spring Golfography Experience at Indian Wells Golf Resort.
Photographers from across the country made their way around the Players and Celebrity courses with cameras in toe April 16-18 to learn more about the craft and to take their best shots of one of the most picturesque golf properties in Southern California.
Month of May focuses on player development at Troon-managed courses
May is Troon Player Development Month, which means there are a host of great opportunities available to improve your game at courses in Southern California.
Classic Club in Palm Desert, for instance, is hosting short-game and full-swing clinics as well as the Troon Putting Challenge, a complimentary event where participants can test their skills on the green.
TLD Law’s 60th anniversary golf event raises funds for local charities
Held at the Old Ranch Country Club in Seal Beach, nearly 100 golfers gathered to celebrate TLD Law’s diamond anniversary and raise funds for six local charities, one for each decade the firm has served its community.
As the year continues, TLD Law will continue to raise funds adding to the over $5,500 raised from this tournament and reception. Charities include Working Wardrobes, ARC, Olive Crest, and three additional to be announced at later dates.
The LPGA’s Kia Classic returns to Aviara
The stage is set at Aviara Golf Club as the Kia Classic returns to the Carlsbad course March 25-28.
Nasa Hataoka will look to defend her 2019 Kia Classic title, which was her third victory on the LPGA Tour. The then 20-year-old Japanese player closed out the tournament with a 5-under 67 for a three-stroke victory over playing partner Inbee Park, top-ranked Sung Hyun Park, Jin Young Ko, Azahara Munoz and Danielle Kang.
With the 2020 Kia Classic cancelled due to Covid-19, this year’s tournament marks the eighth time in the last nine years that Aviara has hosted the event. Due to the pandemic, however, spectators will not permitted on site. You can follow the tournament action, though, through Golf Channel’s broadcast and streaming coverage.
Event at Indian Wells Golf Resort focuses on golf and photography experience
Like meat and potatoes or wine and cheese, golf and photography just seem to go together. The natural beauty of a golf course - whether it’s a municipal track in the middle of a city or an exclusive private club surrounded by nature - lends itself to spectacular imagery.
Now there’s a way to combine the two.
The Spring Golfography Experience will be held at the Indian Wells Golf Resort April 16-18, and it is one you won’t want to miss if you love a great bunker or sunrise shots – or both. The event is put on by world-renowned golf photographer Channing Benjamin and co-hosted by Patrick Koenig, also one of the top visual artists in the game. It is open to beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers and golfers alike.
West Coast Swing wraps up at Riviera with The Genesis Invitational
When it comes to the West Coast Swing, the PGA Tour always saves the best for last. While that’s not a knock on the events in La Quinta, La Jolla, Scottsdale and Pebble Beach – which are each terrific events in their own right – the level of excitement gets ratcheted up a notch for The Genesis Invitational.
Scheduled for February 18-21 at The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, the Genesis features the largest purse of the year so far at $9.3 million and always draws a major championship-caliber field.
In addition to defending champion Adam Scott, all three major winners from 2020 have committed (PGA Championship winner Collin Morikawa, U.S. Open winner Bryson DeChambeau and Masters winner Dustin Johnson, currently the No. 1 player in the Official World Golf Ranking), and 26 of the top 50-ranked players are in the field, including each of the top five.
Greetings, fellow golfers, and welcome to SoCal Golf Insider! We are Rob Lyon and Eric Marson and we've been reporting and writing about the game throughout the region since 1995. Here, we will provide you with the latest news, features, reviews and more on all things golf in Southern California. Let’s tee it up!
Got some news to share about what's going on in the SoCal Golf community? SHARE IT HERE.