IN THIS ISSUE:
• Folds of Honor event sets sites on 27 scholarships for military families
• Sunrise tours explore the beauty of Kauai at first light
• Makana Duncan aims to educate visitors with on-course artwork
• Golf clinics and Monday scramble help players improve
• Video extra! Getting off the tee is key on the 6th hole
• Enjoy a special farm-to-table menu on Tuesdays at Hualani’s
IN THIS ISSUE:
• Troon Challenge National Finals coming to Indian Wells Golf Resort
• The Academy is offering more ways to improve and enjoy the game
• Fall overseeding helps maintain top course conditions
• Meet new Director of Agronomy Nick Leitner
• See what new menu items are coming to Vue Grille & Bar
• Lululemon makes its debut in the golf shop
IN THIS ISSUE:
• Ka’anapali Golf Courses celebrate 60 years as an island gem
• Take an inside look at the recent Kai Course bunker renovation
• Nighttime programs let novice astronomers view celestial wonders
• The table is set for 12th Annual Hawaii Food & Wine Festival
• Lots of love goes into Chef Roy’s Yama’s Mama’s Meatloaf
• Group golf get-togethers on the driving range just got a lot more fun
• And more inside the issue!
IN THIS ISSUE:
• Tijeras Creek making progress on kikuyu grass project
• Course's golf professionals share the best advice they’ve ever received
• New big burger, drinks unveiled at TJ’s Tap & Table
• Aspiring golfers crowned in Junior Club Championship
• Upcoming class brings yoga and golf together
• New products in the golf shop to help you recover
• Couples Classics and Titleist club fittings on tap
IN THIS ISSUE OF THE INDIAN WELLS INSIDER!
• 3 types of golfers you’ll find during summer – which one are you?
• Hyatt Regency waterpark gives golfers a place to chill
• Sizzlin’ Survivor Golf Packages at Indian Wells Golf Resort
• Special stay-and-play package with the Hyatt Regency!
• New Vue Grille & Bar menu offers fresh fare for summer
• How the studio helps keep your game sharp when the heat is on
IN THIS ISSUE OF THE 2022 TOURNAMENT GUIDE:
• After a two-year hiatus, the Long Beach Golf Festival returns
• Celebrating the most memorable moments from the festival’s past
• Paul Goydos recalls his life-changing win in the Long Beach Open
• 7 reasons to participate in the Long Beach Golf Festival
• Former champion offers tips to get ready for tournament play
• The event’s reigning title holders and where they are now
• A look at the golf courses playing host to the festival
• Links to sign up for each event!
IN THIS ISSUE OF CLASSIC CLUB INSIDER:
• Troon Challenge qualifier coming to Classic Club in June
• Golf tip: Get more athletic with your pre-shot routine
• 3 fine wines to enjoy at Bellatrix Restaurant
• Wine lunch will feature a taste of Italy
• Celebrate mom and dad with great gear in the golf shop
• Course aerification and maintenance set for summer
• Upcoming events
IN THIS ISSUE OF KAWENA HOKUALA:
• The Ocean Course shines from the fairway to the runway
• Local hikes showcase the beauty of Kauai
• Meet Superintendent Rey Tacsiat, who has a deep love of the land and sea
• Activities abound for group outings at the Ocean Course
• FootGolf course offers a fun experience for the family
• Hualani Restaurant’s Hanalei Bae combines island plant and spirits
• And much more!
Spring Golfography Experience captures the splendor of Indian Wells Golf Resort
It was a picture perfect weekend for the Spring Golfography Experience at Indian Wells Golf Resort.
Photographers from across the country made their way around the Players and Celebrity courses with cameras in toe April 16-18 to learn more about the craft and to take their best shots of one of the most picturesque golf properties in Southern California.
The LPGA’s Kia Classic returns to Aviara
The stage is set at Aviara Golf Club as the Kia Classic returns to the Carlsbad course March 25-28.
Nasa Hataoka will look to defend her 2019 Kia Classic title, which was her third victory on the LPGA Tour. The then 20-year-old Japanese player closed out the tournament with a 5-under 67 for a three-stroke victory over playing partner Inbee Park, top-ranked Sung Hyun Park, Jin Young Ko, Azahara Munoz and Danielle Kang.
With the 2020 Kia Classic cancelled due to Covid-19, this year’s tournament marks the eighth time in the last nine years that Aviara has hosted the event. Due to the pandemic, however, spectators will not permitted on site. You can follow the tournament action, though, through Golf Channel’s broadcast and streaming coverage.
Greetings, fellow golfers, and welcome to SoCal Golf Insider! We are Rob Lyon and Eric Marson and we've been reporting and writing about the game throughout the region since 1995. Here, we will provide you with the latest news, features, reviews and more on all things golf in Southern California. Let’s tee it up!
Got some news to share about what's going on in the SoCal Golf community? SHARE IT HERE.